Prudhomme says attempt to bar Chris Froome from Tour de France is now 'obsolete'

Tour de France race director Christian Prudhomme also spoke with Chris Froome

Tour de France director Christian Prudhomme has confirmed that ASO will no longer attempt to bar Chris Froome ( Team Sky ) from participating in the race, saying that the procedure is ‘obsolete’ in the wake of the UCI’s announcement that it had dropped anti-doping proceedings against the Briton. Froome returned a positive test for salbutamol at last year’s Vuelta a España but was free to race pending the resolution of the case. On Sunday, Le Monde reported that ASO had sought to prevent Froome’s participation on the grounds that his presence would damage the reputation of the race. The National Olympic Committee of French Sport had been due to rule on the case on Wednesday, but Prudhomme has confirmed that ASO has dropped its objection to Froome’s participation in the Tour, which gets underway on Saturday. “All that for this…” Prudhomme told radio station France Info on Monday. “I’ve ...

Read on Cycling News


More Like This

Card image cap

Tour de France organisers move to prevent Froome’s participation

View
Card image cap

Christian Prudhomme says he won’t stop Chris Froome racing at the Tour de France

View
Card image cap

WADA explains why it cleared Froome, Prudhomme confirms rider can compete in Tour

View
Card image cap

Report: Tour de France organisers to try to block Froome’s participation

View
Card image cap

Lack of verdict in Chris Froome case is 'completely grotesque' says Prudhomme

View
Card image cap

Chris Froome cleared of doping charges and free to race Tour de France

View
Card image cap

UCI closes salbutamol case against Chris Froome

View
Card image cap

ASO moving to block Chris Froome's Tour de France defence

View
Card image cap

‘Irresponsible, uneducated:’ Sky responds to Hinault’s call for Froome protest

View
Card image cap

Tour de France 2018: Predictions & Promises

View