Peter Sagan: Nobody's beaten on the start line

Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe)

On Wednesday evening, after his first race day in over a month, Peter Sagan ( Bora-Hansgrohe ) sat down with reporters, including Cyclingnews, and spoke at length about his return from illness, about targeting Milan-San Remo, and about the new generation of riders who are coming through and ready to usurp him. It was a baptism of fire for the three-time world champion as he returned to action at Tirreno-Adriatico, his first outing since the Vuelta a San Juan. Having spent much of last month training at altitude at Sierra Nevada before getting sick for a week – and losing four kilos, he told reporters – the opening team time trial stage at Tirreno saw Sagan having to avoid an errant spectator on the course, who took down his teammates Rafal Majka and Oscar Gatto. "Today I survived – despite what happened during the race," said Sagan. "I was pretty ...

Read on Cycling News


More Like This

No similar articles :(