Chris Froome describes latest reports on salbutamol case as ‘fake news’

Chris Froome at the Tirreno-Adriatico press conference

Chris Froome ( Team Sky ) described reports that his salbutamol case has been sent to the UCI’s Anti-Doping Tribunal as ‘fake news’ on Friday evening, only to delete the twitter message a few hours later. The French newspaper Le Monde reported on Friday that Froome’s case had been transferred from the UCI Legal Anti-Doping Services (LADS) to its Anti-Doping Tribunal, suggesting that the UCI LADS had rejected Froome’s explanations as to why his level of salbutamol was double the 1000ng/ml permitted level. Froome's urine sample from an anti-doping control, taken after stage 18 of the 2017 Vuelta a Espana, was found to have exceeded the permitted limit of the asthma drug salbutamol. The 32-year-old has always denied any wrongdoing and says he is a long-term asthma sufferer. He insists that he knows the rules and has never taken more salbutamol than he is allowed. A few hours after the ...

Read on Cycling News


More Like This

Card image cap

Chris Froome: I'm not going to keep giving a running commentary on my case

View
Card image cap

Chris Froome's defence team may question validity of salbutamol test

View
Card image cap

Lappartient: Chris Froome's case will not be resolved before the Giro d'Italia

View
Card image cap

UCI says no reasoned decision will be released for Froome case, elaborates on related topics

View
Card image cap

Lappartient says Chris Froome decision unlikely to come during Tour de France

View
Card image cap

UCI drops investigation into Froome, says it accepts no rules were broken in Salbutamol case

View
Card image cap

UCI rejects Froome’s defense, sends case to anti-doping court

View
Card image cap

Le Monde: “ASO refuses to let Froome ride Le Tour”

View
Card image cap

Tour de France organisers move to prevent Froome’s participation

View
Card image cap

UCI corrects race director’s assurance that Froome’s Giro result will stand

View